The Partner is responsible for leading and growing the Americas eDiscovery and computer forensics businesses. In this role, the Partner will provide direct line management of the US-based teams and will work closely with management teams across Latin America to provide regional oversight and guidance. The Partner will set and execute growth strategies for our eDiscovery and computer forensics businesses as well as set and deliver budgets for the businesses. The role will be a collaborative one, working closely with CFI leadership, the DA Partner and DA team as well as other regional and global stakeholders. The Partner will maintain a critical personal client-facing role contributing directly to sales, managing large accounts/relationships and participating in engagements as appropriate.
Tasks and responsibilities
- Set and lead business development strategy for the eDiscovery and computer forensics businesses.
- Work across the business – particularly with M&P, the Partner for Data Analytics and CFI leadership – to develop and execute joint business development and account management approaches.
- As an individual contributor, help grow the business through personal origination, project generation and account management.
- Support the identification and targeting of key law firm and corporate accounts with investigative and litigation support needs domestically and abroad.
- Work with global colleagues – particularly across Tech and CFI – to ensure a globally consistent and relevant marketing and BD approach aimed at growth of the overall global business.
- Work with the DA Partner and other stakeholders including CFI leadership and regional management to set long-term strategy for the Technology business and set budget targets.
- Lead the eDiscovery and computer forensics practices to commercial success against agreed targets, and work with the DA Partner, CFI leadership and regional management to meet financial targets for the overall regional Technology business.
- Monitor and manage key drivers of commercial and financial success including project profitability, unit revenue, utilization, pricing, realization, resourcing and subcontractor costs.
- Oversee development and delivery of custom technology solutions by existing operations resources and management of infrastructure required for client delivery.
- Play a key operational and executive role in Control Risks’ relationship with Relativity, Nuix and other technology partners. Identify and pursue additional partnerships and external relationships to benefit the business.
- Collaborating closely with leaders in other regions, oversee and lead on authorship of all standard documentation, as well as specifications for workflow and project requirements.
- Manage the team to ensure execution and delivery of client requests on time and within budget estimates.
- Contribute to identifying and managing risks within the Technology business.
- Together with the DA Partner, represent the Americas Technology business, its strategy and its financial success to Regional Management, Exco and the global Partner group.
- Maintain direct line management of the Americas eDiscovery, technology operations and custom development team, and computer forensics teams (dotted line management for Brazil).
- Work closely with the Americas DA Partner to lead the overall Americas Technology team, ensuring it remains a cohesive, well-run and collaborative regional team.
- Maintain ultimate responsibility for organizational design and resourcing strategy for eDiscovery and computer forensics teams including requirement setting, recruiting and performance management.
- Drive quality work product from the team, create ongoing internal and external training curriculum for upskilling technical abilities, such as advanced analytics, and mentor project managers into becoming better consultants within available budget limitations.
- Recruit and maintain talent to align with staffing needs of the Technology practice.
Thought leadership and innovation
- Own and innovate the Control Risks Technology brand, working jointly with the DA Partner, global colleagues and other stakeholders.
- Maintain industry awareness and contribution to business development efforts through participation in industry events, client demos and internal technology initiatives.
- Ability to develop and implement new ideas and workflows to create customized solutions on a client-by-client basis.
- Contribute to whitepapers, webinars and/or panel discussions to increase brand recognition in the market.
- Manage team to drive thought leadership and brand building.
- 10 years of professional eDiscovery, legal technology, litigation support and project management experience
- Demonstrated leadership of a technology, consulting and eDiscovery business
- Knowledge of industry applications including RelativityOne and Nuix
- Demonstrated business development success in the space
- Experience and familiarity with all phases of litigation, including forensic data preservation and collection, data processing, review, analytics and production
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Strong problem-solving ability and adaptability
- Highly organized and able to manage multiple processes
- Exceptional business management skills
- Availability to work extended hours as needed when client project loads increase
- Ability to effectively communicate complex technical solutions to non-technical audiences
- Possesses excellent customer service, interpersonal and communication skills
- Ability to manage multiple tasks with excellent follow through, professional communication and attention to detail
- Proven ability to work well in a team-based environment
- Willingness to travel as needed
- Strong analytical and complex problem-solving skills and the ability to thrive in a fast-paced, deadline-driven team environment
- Juris Doctor, Masters/MBA or graduate degree; experience supporting law firms or in-house legal and compliance teams
- Experience and familiarity with industry analytics tools such as Brainspace, Relativity Analytics and Reveal AI.
- Experience supporting merger review second requests and delivering managed services to enterprise clients.
- Control Risks offers a competitively positioned compensation and benefits package that is transparent and summarised in the full job offer.
- We operate a discretionary global bonus scheme that incentivises, and rewards individuals based on company and individual performance.
- Control Risks supports hybrid working arrangements, wherever possible, that emphasise the value of in-person time together – in the office and with our clients – while continuing to support flexible and remote working.
As an equal opportunities employer, we encourage suitably qualified applicants from a wide range of backgrounds to apply and join us and are fully committed to equal treatment, free from discrimination, of all candidates throughout our recruitment process.