We are looking for a senior leader to join our team of investigators and consultants in Mexico City to head the Forensic Accounting Practice. This position will meaningfully contribute to building the practice, leading the team and executing and winning complex engagements on behalf of large domestic and multinational clients, including, among other types of work:
- Fraud, corruption, anti-trust and forensic investigations
- Analyzing and investigating whistle-blower allegations
- Corruption, fraud and anti-trust risk assessments
- AML reviews and audits
- Compliance and anti-fraud program development and audits
- Robbery investigations
- Sexual harassment investigations
The position will be focused primarily on building the investigations and compliance consulting in Mexico, Central America and the Caribbean, although the practice leader will have a broader remit throughout Latin American and must have the ability to deploy across the region to handle and oversee sensitive engagements. The Practice lead will also be part of the Mexico City office leadership team and be expected to contribute to initiatives and discussions to further develop the Mexico City business more broadly.
The successful candidate will also be expected to spend part of their time developing client relationships in Mexico to generate opportunities for the Compliance, Forensics and Intelligence business, as well as broader opportunities in the risk consulting space for Control Risks, including political and security risks that our clients face.
We seek a strong team leader and team player. The practice lead will provide input into strategy, planning, budgeting and development of products and services, in conjunction with our teams throughout the Americas. In addition, the leader will have a management role overseeing a broad range of investigations handled by senior and junior consultants in Mexico. Their responsibilities will include quality oversight, training of consultants, and development of resources and implementation of business development strategy in conjunction with the Mexico leadership team.
- Strong team leadership skills with a proven ability to develop and build high performing and cohesive teams.
- Fluency in English and Spanish, both written and oral.
- Successful track-record in originating business, as well as managing and nurturing client relationships.
- Extensive experience and an in-depth understanding of how to manage complex engagements in challenging jurisdictions.
- A strong, proven track record in leading and conducting large and complex corporate investigations and consulting engagements for multinational clients.
- Experience managing projects and teams on fraud, forensic and corruption matters across a variety of industries.
- Familiarity with investigating and analyzing financial evidence, transaction testing and summarizing complex financial and business issues in succinct reports.
- Experience in innovating and integrating the use of forensic technologies such as forensic IT, data analytics and e-discovery tools to support investigations and client needs.
- Deep familiarity with the local professional services client market in Mexico, Central America and the Caribbean, as well as current affairs, including economic, financial, and regulatory developments.
- Thorough understanding of political, security and reputational risks our clients face in Latin America, and the ability to cross-sell and recognize opportunities for all of our consulting services.
- The ability to grow a business, not simply service work that already exists.
- Ability to communicate with attorneys and top corporate management clearly and effectively in a variety of situations.
- Knowledge of a wide range of regulations concerning our clients, including the FCPA, UK Bribery Act, Bank Secrecy Act, SOX, anti-trust rules and regulations, export controls and sanctions, among others.
- As part of a dynamic and flexible organization, an interest in and ability to work closely with other practices in the business, including Technology, Business Intelligence and Security Consulting.
- Solid report writing skills.
- A willingness to travel.