Control Risks is looking for a Senior Consultant to join its rapidly growing cyber Americas team. This is a unique opportunity to grow a fast-paced and distinctive cyber capability across our incident response and advisory practices in Brazil. The role requires a highly motivated and diligent problem solver to join an exceptional regional and global team.
The successful candidate will support the delivery of Control Risks cyber response and consulting projects across the Americas and Brazil. This will involve working closely with the regional Cyber practice and the local teams across service lines in Brazil. The candidate will need to demonstrate exceptional consultancy skills across project and client management and problem solving. The candidate will need to be a self-starter, highly proactive and be passionate about the challenge of managing cyber related incidents and advisory projects. This is a great opportunity to work in a fast growing team grounded in Control Risks’ 40 years of crisis management heritage and experience.
The successful candidate will also need to demonstrate excellent understanding of cyber security concepts, specifically those relating to cyber threats, and proven proficiency in communicating under pressure to our clients at the non-technical executive (CXO) level.
- Advise clients on post incident cyber crisis management independently or in conjunction with Control Risks response department.
- Conduct initial assessment of case providing immediate verbal/written advice, recorded in an initial information gathering form.
- Provide clients with on-going advice covering:
– Liaison with key stakeholders, communicators/intermediaries.
– Options, contingency plans and recommendations for managing the technical and non-technical elements of response.
– Additional technical support e.g. network forensics or additional support to the Digital Forensics department; that may be required alongside any non-technical support e.g. external legal counsel.
- Discuss and input into communications strategies and plans.
- Lead crisis management team meetings with clients to drive effective collaboration with internal and external stakeholders.
- Escalate case issues as and when required to proactively manage client expectations
- Maintain records of cases worked on by Cyber Response.
- Develop and manage working relationships with our panel of technical partners for cyber response projects.
- Work closely with Control Risks’ service lines working on cyber response cases (Forensics, E-Discovery, Extortion Response)
- Manage case management metrics tools and support in analysing case histories to drive insights for future use.
Cyber Security Advisory
- Support consulting engagements across the Cyber Americas practice.
- Provide cyber risk advisory services to Control Risks’ clients across the Americas
- Lead on cyber consulting projects in Brazil, providing effective project management, subject matter expertise and commercial acumen.
- Work in close collaboration with other Control Risks’ service lines in the Americas including our Technology, Forensics and Crisis Security Consulting practices.
Supporting the growth of the Cyber Americas Practice
Work with other service lines across the region to proactively identify commercial opportunities across Brazil and South America.
Driving the growth of new capabilities within the team, in conjunction with other service lines where appropriate.
Supporting marketing initiatives.
- Relevant experience in a cyber response related field with the public or private sector. Minimum 2 years.
- Understanding of the cyber threat landscape and key cyber security concepts.
- Ability to communicate clearly in written and oral form at senior levels.
- Able to explain difficult technical concepts and ideas in non-technical terms.
- Experience of cyber security issues, either within a consultancy or as a practitioner.
- Good knowledge of IT and network infrastructure.
- Ability to see security from the attacker’s point of view.
- Professional working fluency in English
- Willingness to travel internationally.
- Graduation or masters in a field related to security, information security, intelligence or computer science.
- Preferably having recognised industry certifications e.g. CEH, CISSP, CISM, CISA, CRISC.