To apply for this job email your details to Americas.Recruitment@controlrisks.com
Control Risks is a specialist risk consultancy that helps to create secure, compliant and resilient organizations in an age of ever-changing risk. Working across disciplines, technologies and geographies, everything we do is based on our belief that taking risks is essential to our clients’ success.
We provide our clients with the insight to focus resources and ensure they are prepared to resolve the issues and crises that occur in any ambitious global organization.
We go beyond problem-solving and give our clients the insight and intelligence they need to realize opportunities and grow. From the boardroom to the remotest location, we have developed an unparalleled ability to bring order to chaos and reassurance to anxiety.
The Consultant, working with the Compliance, Forensics & Intelligence team, will provide risk management consulting services across the full spectrum of corporate investigations, including but not limited to fraud, theft, corruption, anti-trust and intellectual property investigations and other types of problem solving for regional and multinational clients.
The Consultant will be an early-career professional, capable of growing in the role and assuming increased responsibility. He/she will be able to deliver projects and communicate with clients effectively with supervision from the line manager. He/she will also form part of a larger team and will benefit from the guidance of more senior consultants and the CFI manager.
Enjoy challenging work in a fun and collegial environment. We are an organization that values the individual contributions of our team members. Your personal contributions will directly impact the success of our organization as you:
- Exhibit technical expertise in the delivery of Legal Technology Consulting work streams
- Deliver high quality work product with impeccable attention to detail
- Ensure work is defensible and to an evidential standard as appropriate for tasks
- Support our investigation teams across regions
- Produce technical reports
- Support expert testimony in court as and when required
- Enhance current and develop new innovative reporting outputs for eDiscovery workflows
- Anticipate client needs and continually strive for ways to work efficiently
- Support the cultivation of long-term relationships with clients through the delivery of high-quality projects
Knowledge and Experience
- At least 3 years of forensic technology/eDiscovery experience
- Appropriate knowledge of forensic technology and processes, with a particular focus on evidence collection and processing
- Familiarity with eDiscovery or investigations methodologies
- Experience working with at least one eDiscovery platform (for example Relativity, Nuix Discover, Reveal)
- Experience of consulting clients on their Technology Assisted Review workflows and the relative merits of Continuous Active Learning
- Demonstrable interpersonal skills and an ability to work effectively in teams
- Ability to build relationships internally and externally with stakeholders at all levels of an organisation
- Familiarity and interest in business development activities including researching and attending networking events, drafting thought pieces and presenting to clients
- Willingness to become an expert in the applicable tools and proof that through certifications (for example Relativity Certified Administrator, GCFE or Certified Brainspace Analyst), continuous advancement of professional credentials
- Experience living in Spanish-speaking Latin America.
- Solid presentation skills for technical and non-technical audiences
- Understanding of database design principles and querying skills
- Basic understanding of data analytics methodology and application
- Programming/Scripting skills such as PowerShell, Ruby, Python, SQL
- Experience in cloud systems such as Office 365, AWS
- Fluency in Spanish, both written and oral, advanced business English
- Professional demeanor and ability to present ideas persuasively to a business audience
- Ability to work efficiently under tight and often multiple deadlines
- High level of professionalism, dedication and discretion
- High ethical standards, inherent integrity and instinctive appreciation of ethical behavior
- Drive, enthusiasm and commitment
- Inquisitiveness, creative problem-solving and attention to detail
- Self-starting, allied with pragmatism and common sense
- Logical thinking with an analytical and organized mindset
- Pro-active, able to “think outside the box”
- Ability to interact successfully across and with various cultures
- Availability for travel internationally
- Awareness of other Forensic Technology competencies such as digital forensics, forensic data analytics and cyber
- Relativity certifications
- Programming/scripting skills
- Experience in designing and creating objects in Relativity