- Full Time
As a Consultant in the Digital Forensics team, you will be responsible for providing advisory services to clients in their use of emerging technologies including analytics and artificial intelligence on forensic investigations, litigation, cyber and regulatory breaches.
The role will require you to exhibit technical excellence, commercial acumen, and an ability to build relationships. You will need to assist in the creation of new innovative solutions to solve our clients challenges.
You will be working with the existing Technology team to deliver services and work product to meet and exceed our clients’ expectations and company standards.
You will be an integral member of the wider EMEA Forensics practice, and help to build Control Risks’ reputation in the marketplace through technical excellence, project delivery, networking, and assisting in authoring client facing material.
You will be asked to support the business development effort for the department contributing subject matter expertise in articles and presentations.
Tasks and responsibilities
- Provide forensic consultancy and expertise in data collections and investigative/analysis services to our clients
- To support our investigation teams across regions
- To provide high quality deliverables to our clients in a timely and efficient manner
- To ensure work is defensible and to an evidential standard as appropriate for tasks
- To provide expert testimony in court as and when required
- To be innovative and creative showing initiative in bringing teams together
- To anticipate client needs and continually strive for ways to work efficiently
- To respond to potential enquiries and convert these into sales leads and proposals
- To actively engage in business development and marketing
Must be available for international travel (up to 50% of time)
Knowledge and experience
- Previous, demonstrable, technical computer forensics experience with thorough understanding of best practice procedures (NPCC, NIST, ISO17025) evidence handling, computer systems and tools of the trade
- Previous expert and practical use of common computer forensic tools for imaging and analysis (for example Logicube Falcon, EnCase, FTK, Nuix, X-Ways, Axiom, Blacklight, Kali, WinFE, DEFT, Cellebrite or XRY)
- Established track record performing forensic collections and digital investigations and maintaining detailed contemporaneous notes
- Production of expert reports
- Experience working with at least one eDiscovery platform (for example Relativity, Nuix Discover, Reveal)
- Willingness to become an expert in the applicable tools and proof that through certifications (for example Relativity Certified Administrator, GCFE or Certified Brainspace Analyst), continuous advancement of professional credentials
- Understanding of database design principles and querying skills
- Basic understanding of data analytics methodology and application
- You have already successfully demonstrated your good written and spoken language skills in English and German
- Providing client-facing communications
- Presentation skills
- Experience in working with law enforcement
- Experience in providing court expert witness testimony
- Programming/Scripting skills such as PowerShell, Ruby, Python, SQL
- Knowledge of the Electronic Discovery Reference Model
- Experience in Cyber Incident Response such as malware analysis and log file parsing
- Experience in cloud systems such as Office 365, AWS
- Strong understanding of enterprise IT infrastructure, cloud services and computer systems
Qualifications and specialist skills
- Excellent written/verbal communication skills Educated to BSc in IT or similar technical degree All-round skills and competence in using Microsoft/Apple/Linux products Understanding of computer networks
- Educated to BSc/MSc (or equivalent) in Computer Forensics
- Forensic and/or eDiscovery accreditation (for example EnCE, GCFE or RCA)
- Database administration skills
- Programming/scripting skills
Internal applicants – Career Framework Level – Band E
- Competitive Salary
- Performance Bonus
- Work From Home (hybrid working)
- Training & Development
- Paid Time Off
- Insurance Package
- Pension Plan
- Control Risks offers a competitively positioned compensation and benefits package that is transparent and summarised in the full job offer.
- We operate a discretionary global bonus scheme that incentivises, and rewards individuals based on company and individual performance.
- Control Risks supports hybrid working arrangements, wherever possible, that emphasise the value of in-person time together – in the office and with our clients – while continuing to support flexible and remote working.
- As an equal opportunities employer, we encourage suitably qualified applicants from a wide range of backgrounds to apply and join us and are fully committed to equal treatment, free from discrimination, of all candidates throughout our recruitment process.