Control Risks is a specialist risk consultancy that helps to create secure, compliant and resilient organizations in an age of ever-changing risk. Working across disciplines, technologies and geographies, everything we do is based on our belief that taking risks is essential to our clients’ success.
We provide our clients with the insight to focus resources and ensure they are prepared to resolve the issues and crises that occur in any ambitious global organization.
We go beyond problem-solving and give our clients the insight and intelligence they need to realize opportunities and grow. From the boardroom to the remotest location, we have developed an unparalleled ability to bring order to chaos and reassurance to anxiety.
Working with our clients, our people are given direct responsibility, career development and the opportunity to work collaboratively on fascinating projects in a rewarding and inclusive global environment.
Control Risks is seeking an Associate Director with a strong eDiscovery subject-matter skillset to help implement and oversee the full lifecycle of a project including all aspects of client matters; from creation and setup to managing the engagement’s success and coordinating with operations and finance through client billing and invoicing. A successful candidate will be able to apply his/her knowledge of litigation support and technology to bridge the gap between clients’ specific requirements and Control Risks’ production and technical resources to ensure work is done to client satisfaction and company standards.
Tasks and responsibilities
- Consult with clients on project workflow and industry best practices
- Develop and implement new ideas to create customized solutions on a client–by–client basis
- Liaise with clients to develop strong client relations and demonstrate a high level of commitment to client success
- Continuously monitor and manage multiple eDiscovery projects from beginning to end
- Manage internal and external client expectations throughout the entire lifecycle of a project
- Gather client and project requirements and ensuring requirements are properly documented and managed
- Responsible for execution and delivery of client requests on time and within budget estimates
- Act as client advocate to ensure where there are new requirements, the development team is aware of the prioritization of the need
- Responsible for supervision and quality execution of daily activities of projects, including interaction with other team members, leaders, and client personnel
- Adhere to driving quality work product for the team and delivering all work within established timeframes
- Participate in internal projects for process improvement, commercial management, and technology innovation/development
- Contribute to business development and branding/marketing initiatives through networking, thought leadership and research
Knowledge and experience
- 6-8 years of professional eDiscovery litigation support and project management experience
- Strong knowledge of and experience with relativity (on–prem and/or RelOne), ability to set up new projects to client specifications and to consult on Relativity’s functionality
- Experience with cross–border investigations and related discovery concerns
- Experience and familiarity with all phases of litigation, including forensic data preservation, data processing, review, data production, and litigation support
- Understanding of fundamentals of effective project management for eDiscovery projects
- Experience with additional discovery investigations and analytics platforms such as Brainspace
Qualifications and specialist skills
- Bachelor’s degree
- Excellent written and spoken English language skills
- Additional certifications in relevant tools and/or technologies
- Advanced knowledge of and experience with all MS Office applications, especially Excel
- Working experience with industry–leading litigation support software (e.g., Ringtail, Summation, Concordance, IPRO, LiveNote, Trial Director, Casemap and MS Access) will be a differentiator
- Excellent English–language written and oral presentation skills to effectively communicate with diverse audiences of varying degrees of expertise
- Availability to work extended hours as needed when client project loads increase
- High degree of confidence and energy level coupled with leadership initiative
- Strong interpersonal skills and excellent customer service skills
- Ability to work well under pressure and meet tight deadlines while effectively juggling competing demands, prioritizing appropriately, and overseeing multiple tasks simultaneously