To apply for this job please visit apply.workable.com.
Our Forensics experts provide value and assist our clients in the area of digital forensics and eDiscovery.
The Forensics Associate Consultant will have the opportunity to support a range of forensic investigations and eDiscovery matters across many different industries, providing assistance with data collections, chain-of-custody documentation, proper evidence handling, forensic analysis, data filtering and data processing.
The successful Associate Consultant will work within our Compliance, Forensics and Intelligence team to deliver a complete suite of robust services in order to meet our clients’ complex investigative and eDiscovery requirements.
Tasks and responsibilities:
- Participate and support on projects involving the identification, collection and analysis of computer systems and electronic data sources.
- Perform computer forensic investigations with oversight from team members
- Produce initial drafts of documentation and reports.
- Utilize quality control and best practices to maintain high-quality work product on all engagements.
- Data filtering, extractions and staging from forensics images for data processing.
- Utilize off-the-shelf and proprietary data collection, analysis and reporting tools.
- Collaborate with the Compliance Forensics and Intelligence team and other teams within Control Risks to provide a holistic solution to our clients.
- Ability to travel and work in challenging environments (up to 40% of time).
Knowledge and experience
- Minimum of 1-3 years of hands-on technical and/or computer forensic investigations experience. Understanding of best practices procedures and technological trends in the industry
- Experienced in conducting digital forensic preservations and examinations on mobile device operating systems using industry-standard forensic tools
- Proficient in the use of industry-standard forensic and eDiscovery tools (preferably familiar with EnCase, FTK, Tableau, X-Ways, Macquisiton, Cellebrite Nuix, and Relativity)
- Communicate effectively to all levels of engagement team
- Able to explain difficult technical concepts and ideas in non-technical terms
- Superior fundamental understanding of IT systems and infrastructure
- Knowledge of the Electronic Discovery Reference Model (EDRM)
- Proficient with Microsoft Excel, Access, Word and PowerPoint
- SQL, PowerShell experience
- Experience in consulting on complex matters, solving problems, troubleshooting and working with clients while collaborating with internal stakeholders to provide exceptional service
Qualifications and specialist skills
Skills and competencies
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Computer Forensics or related field
- Certified as a Certified Computer Examiner (CCE), EnCase Examiner, (EnCE) or Access Data Examiner (ACE) preferred
- Excellent written and oral presentation skills to effectively communicate with diverse audiences in different jurisdictions, with varying degrees of experience and technical acumen
- Ability to work well within a logistically diverse team through timely and effective communication
- Good interpersonal skills
- Organizational and project management skills
- Ability to work well under pressure and meet tight deadlines, while effectively managing competing demands and evolving priorities
- Strong work ethic, eagerness to learn, and motivation to succeed
- Flexibility to travel domestically and internationally with short notice
- Owns problems, identifies and works with the right people to solve problems quickly within own remit and wider team(s)
- Implements plans to ensure objectives are achieved or exceeded; focuses on delivery. Shows and encourages a determination to achieve high standards
- Anticipates the needs of clients and addresses them. Provides the best possible service to our clients, ensuring the client is at the heart of everything we do.
Know the business
- Builds strong relationships through common goals, individual contribution and support in times of need
Adapting to change
- Operates effectively and with resilience in changing or ambiguous situations, contributes to changing environments, and actively assists those around them to adapt
- All employees are expected to display behaviors reflective of our company values: Integrity and Ethics, Collaboration and Teamwork, Commitment to People and Professionalism and Excellence.
- Control Risks offers a competitively positioned compensation and benefits package that is transparent and summarised in the full job offer.
- Control Risks supports hybrid working arrangements, wherever possible, that emphasise the value of in-person time together – in the office and with our clients – while continuing to support flexible and remote working.
- Medical Benefits, Prescription Benefits, FSA, Dental Benefits, Vision Benefits, Life and AD&D, Voluntary Life and AD&D, Disability Benefits, Voluntary Benefits, 401 (K) Retirement, Nationwide Pet Insurance, Employee Assistance Program.
- As an equal opportunities employer, we encourage suitably qualified applicants from a wide range of backgrounds to apply and join us and are fully committed to equal treatment, free from discrimination, of all candidates throughout our recruitment process.