- Full Time
This position is a part of FTI Consulting’s Acuity team which includes supporting, coordinating, managing and participating in document review and compliance related work at the direction of FTI clients. As part of their role, this position will utilize various platforms and also consult in areas of eDiscovery. Deep knowledge of Relativity and Nuix Discover is preferred.
The document review/compliance role is responsible for simultaneously managing multiple client matters. The person in this role should be able to assist to manage various types of projects and document review workflows. Other responsibilities are to provide input for general management, including scheduling, resource allocation, and operational process and procedures.
This is an ideal opportunity for someone who:
- Communicates well – is excellent at boiling down complex concepts to explain them simply via verbal and written communication.
- Is organized – able to prioritize and multi-task
- Is technically minded – all our work requires thinking in a logical, organized way about processes and sets of data.
- Works flexibly with a variety of team members – we work on a variety of projects at the same time, each of which can be staffed differently and with different client demands
- Is eager and excited to learn – a positive, open-minded attitude will ensure quality work and bodes well for long-term career development.
- Works hard – while innovation is part of future success, everyone has common tasks that are part of the overall workflow and on which attention to detail and high-quality client service is crucial.
What You’ll Do
- Help the Review Manager in various projects, including e-discovery and compliance related matters. Ideally, you are experienced to guide and manage projects in various settings. You have a curious mind, and you are able to think independently to come up with creative solutions. For e-discovery projects, you will set the review workflow and strategy, run the review, and manage client relationships from beginning to end of the projects.
- Create and monitor timelines for the completion of various phases of review.
- Work closely with operations to onboard and off-board reviewers.
- Document Review Consulting, Nuix Discover, and Relativity – Execute tasks to support corporate or law firm clients as assigned by senior team members.
- Work closely with the client, the FTI service delivery team, and the project review team to ensure that lines of communication between all project participants are established and maintained during the course of the engagement and that a mutual understanding of the scope of work and related costs exists between both parties.
- Assist in coordinating and/or managing review projects to ensure the accuracy and throughput of the document review. Manage several projects simultaneously.
- Help the Review Manager to build and manage project teams, with a focus on developing go-to regional and substantive reviewers for use on a variety of projects.
- Provide detailed substantive review support for the client and project review team on the use of review tools both on-site, at client locations, and remotely.
- Communicate with client and/or outside counsel to scope substantive parameters of the project, select proper review tool and repository, and estimate project timelines and budgets.
- Ensure inputs to the billing system accurately reflect case status, revenue projections, and authorized budgets.
- Establish and maintain good working relationships with other offices and departments in the company. Promote uniformity of office procedures and consistently high quality of final work product.
- Travel as required to ensure effective management of case activities. (Minimal notice possible.)
- LLB, LLM or a JD degree is preferred.
- US bar or PRC bar is preferred.
- Some electronic discovery experience or document review environment.
- Some compliance or data privacy related training or experience.
- Experience interfacing with end-client – either corporation, outside counsel or both.
- Travel required to clients and to FTI office(s).
- The position is consultant, but candidates with more experience can be considered as Senior Consultants.
- Flexibility – the ability to work under tight deadlines, ability to handle multiple tasks through prioritization, and time management skills.
- Outstanding client service in demanding, deadline-driven situations
- Excellent communication and organizational skills.
- Demonstrated proficiency in managing and working with people in a team environment.
- Strong logical reasoning skills
- Strong proficiency with Windows and related software, such as Microsoft Excel.
- Competitive remuneration package
- Comprehensive leave policy
- Health care benefits including dependents
- Education subsidy with study and examination leaves
- Annual paid volunteer hours
- Corporate matching for corporate charitable event donations
FTI Consulting is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, protected veteran status, religion, physical or mental disability, marital status, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, or any other basis protected by law, ordinance, or regulation.