We work with corporations, governments and law firms to meet legal, regulatory and investigative demands by leveraging our skills to enable our clients to more confidently govern, secure, find, analyse and rapidly understand their data in the context of compliance and risk.
This role is a newly created position within our Dublin Technology practice and is a part of FTI Consulting’s Technology team which encompasses about 500 experts globally. The successful candidate will be cross-trained in various e-discovery skills and will assist on all phases of e-discovery projects with primary focus on data collection, data investigation and data manipulation aspects as well as case management.
What You’ll Do
The primary responsibilities of this position is to be part of a cross-functional team that manages all areas related to the collection, processing, investigation, analysis, manipulation, and management of client data within high stakes litigation, compliance, internal and regulatory investigation matters:
- Assume responsibility for day-to-day data collection, processing, conversion, analysis and other specialised tasks including interaction with other consultants, supervisors, and client personnel
- Create workflows and processes to solve client data problems and creatively address issues by developing novel approaches to challenges
- Depending on experience, take responsibility for lab activities and junior staff training
- Be customer-service-oriented and proactive to meet client deadlines while mitigating risks
- Travel as required to ensure effective management of case activities (minimal notice often applicable)
- Liaise with clients and other FTI colleagues to plan and execute data collection exercises, on-site at client premises in Ireland and/or abroad
- Utilise industry standard and bespoke software to access, extract and cull data from electronic evidence sources
Essential Knowledge and Skills
- Degree in IT or a technology focused subject such as digital forensic, information security, information systems or equivalent experience
- Prior experience in the digital forensics or eDiscovery world, either in the Public sector, a private corporate or a consulting firm, with duties including hands-on data collection from individual computer, mobile device and server data sources
- Extensive experience with eDiscovery platforms such as Relativity and/or Ringtail/Nuix Discover, including data processing, review support, analytics and productions
- Experience with forensic tools like Encase, Cellebrite, Kali Linux, Nuix
- Self-developer that demonstrates an ability to solve complex problems with well thought out innovative solutions
- Ability to manage time and prioritise tasks effectively
- Good communicator who can perform in a client facing role
- Ability to work in a cross-functional team
- Travel required to clients and to FTI office(s).
Desirable Knowledge and Skills
- Prior experience with an e-discovery platform such as Relativity and/or Ringtail/Nuix Discover
- SQL language skills
- Strong proficiency in Microsoft Windows and related software, especially Excel
- Any industry certification
- Scripting skills using languages such as Python, C#, Bash or others #LI-KR2
Apart from the well-structured career path and excellent team environment, our employees enjoy a variety of perks and benefits.
We offer a competitive benefits and wellbeing programme including private medical insurance, dental insurance, life insurance, income protection, flex critical illness cover, 5% employer pension contribution, holiday buy, discounted gym membership, interest free travel loans, paid volunteer hours and corporate matching for charitable donations, and much more.
About FTI Consulting
What makes us unique? With more than 6,250 employees located in offices in every corner of the globe, we are the firm our clients call when their most important issues are at stake. Regardless of what level you are, you will have the opportunity to work alongside and learn from top experts in your field on high-profile engagements that impact history. Our culture is collaborative, and we value diversity, recognition, development and making a difference in our communities.
FTI Consulting is publicly traded on the New York Stock Exchange and has been recognized as a Best Firm to Work For by Consulting magazine and one of America’s Best Management Consulting Firms by Forbes. For more information, visit www.fticonsulting.com and connect with us on Twitter (@FTIConsulting), Facebook and LinkedIn.