Financial Services Litigation Attorney
Consilio seeks an experienced attorney with expertise in financial services litigation to work with the legal department of a prominent financial services client. The attorney in this role will work with the in-house litigation team on a variety of litigation, arbitration and regulatory matters including complex litigation, brokerage customer subpoena matters, pre-dispute claims, preservation requests, regulatory requests and inquiries, and other civil matters. The attorney will also field ad hoc claims from the firm’s brokerage business groups.
Qualified candidates must have 5+ years of current experience handling financial services litigation in a top law firm or large, active corporate legal environment. Strong academic credentials from a top tier law school, active bar license, and excellent work history required. To succeed in this role, the candidate must become familiar with a large number of client business entities and divisions, as well as products and services related thereto. This is a full-time, long-term contract position for an indefinite duration. The role is fully-remote, with the option to work on premise in Boston, Raleigh/Durham, or Dallas if desired.
- 5+ years of demonstrated experience handling financial services industry litigation for banks, broker dealers, and/or other financial institutions
- Experience working in a large law firm and/or in-house legal department
- Experience handling and directing document reviews
- Excellent writing, analytical and decision-making skills; good judgment
- Ability to execute in a fast-paced and deadline-driven environment
- Exceptional time management and organizational skills
- Ability to effectively work independently as well as with eDiscovery and paralegal teams and business unit personnel
- Ability to communicate clearly and concisely; a can-do attitude
- Familiarity with collaboration tools such as Microsoft Teams