- Full Time
DATE: October 2021 REPORTS TO: Data Team Manager
JOB TITLE: Technology Analyst EXEMPTION STATUS: Exempt
The Technology Analyst is an expert on the technology and tools used to support our service lines – eDiscovery, Managed Review and Data Privacy. Technology Analysts support the Consulting teams, advising on and implementing technology solutions to solve our client’s data challenges.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND ACCOUNTABILITIES:
- Consults with the internal team to develop advanced technology solutions for our clients. This may include assessing project requirements, determining optimum technology configurations and workflow development.
- Acts as a subject matter expert on technologies and/or tools when advising clients.
- Proposes, implements, and executes technology solutions, which may include:
a. eDiscovery: Relativity and Everlaw;
b. Analytic: Brainspace, Structured analytics, AI and predictive coding;
c. Data Privacy: TrustArc and OneTrust;
d. Project Management: Ticketing systems and collaboration tools; and
e. Visual Analytic and Reporting: Microsoft Power BI and Tableau.
- Ensures viability of data workflows, including data intake, data processing and migration, productions, etc.
- Conducts internal and external technology trainings.
- Provides ongoing project and technology support for internal and external teams.
- Develops and prepares standardized and ad hoc reports and dashboards.
- Works with internal teams, external teams and vendors to troubleshoot technology-based issues.
- Stays up to date with relevant industry technologies and trends, while maintaining relevant certifications.
- Demonstrates organizational skills and effective use of time (ability to plan daily work, set priorities and manage time to ensure work is timely and efficiently completed).
- Demonstrates flexibility (willing to adjust to changes in job requirements and scheduling).
- Performs other duties as assigned.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS (EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE, SKILLS)
- Bachelor’s degree preferred or equivalent work experience.
- 3-years’ experience managing data and technology related to eDiscovery, Data Privacy, Cyber Security or any other applicable field.
- Ability to think ahead and plan over a 6-12 month time horizon.
- Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization and/or specific direction exists.
- Ability to effectively and efficiently coordinate multiple, simultaneous projects with multiple platforms and other Company personnel in a dynamic, evolving environment.
- Ability to effectively present and communicate information to management, employees, clients and other outside parties.
- Ability to work independently and in a remote environment, building relationships, delegating and escalating risk appropriately.
- Ability to proactively recognize needs, adapt plans, and manage expectations.
- Exceptional client service skills with the ability to build rapport and trust.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills. • Strong attention to detail.
- Openness to occasionally work after hours and over weekends.
TECHNICAL SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
- Expert proficiency in eDiscovery technologies (Relativity, Everlaw, Brainspace, etc.) or any complimentary technology in the fields of Data Privacy, Cyber Security, or Computer Forensics.
- Relativity Certified Administrator (RCA) Preferred.
- Working knowledge of relational databases, scripting languages, batch files, text editors or similar tools.
- Expert working knowledge in Microsoft Office Products.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORK ENVIRONMENT
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this position. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this position, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to use hands or fingers, handle, or feel objects, tools or controls. The employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; sit; reach with hands and arms; climb or balance; and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this position include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, and the ability to adjust focus. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
This position may be required to travel by car or public transportation to meet the requirements of the position. Estimated Percentage of Travel –30%
This job description is only meant to be a representative summary of the major responsibilities and accountabilities performed by incumbents of this job. The incumbents may be requested to perform job-related tasks other than those slated in this description.