eDiscovery Specialist – Part-Time
3 days onsite in Washington, DC, 2 days remote
20 hours per week; the current schedule is 4 hours a day Monday through Friday
US citizenship required
Must be able to obtain a Public Trust clearance
This family is responsible for supporting and assisting in documentation production of presentations using various software as well as managing the identification, control, production, distribution, archiving, scanning, storage, and retrieval of all deliverable data.
Duties may include cataloging data, providing customer assistance in locating specific data, digital imaging services, technical/reference support, and appropriately classifying records, documents, and other information media.
Works on day-to-day objectives with limited impact beyond the scope of own work area/ project team. Works under supervision on less complex projects/ assignments.
Complexity: Solves simple, routine technical problems following established procedures and policies.
Develops products, solutions, processes using basic principles, theories and concepts within own technical specialty.
Communication: Communicates with peers to explain facts, basic analysis, processes and practices related to area. Leadership & Talent Management:
Requires basic knowledge of and ability to apply principles, theories, and concepts of narrow technical domain.
You will work closely with the customer on the following key tasks:
• FOIA requests
• Searching M365 Compliance Center for recovering employee emails
• Using M365 Compliance Center for placing holds and collecting OneDrive data
• Assisting ATF’s records officer in recording and managing Capstone Holds using M365 Compliance Center
• Facilitate legacy data requests between OST Exchange team and various ATF stakeholders
• Deliver data in native format after conducting first-pass searches, as needed
• Collect “cloud” data by conducting searches using ProofPoint or Office 365’s Exchange Online Archive related to Office of the Inspector General, Freedom of Information Act, Privacy Act or investigation requests from various ATF stakeholders responding to Assistant United States Attorneys information requests/reviews
• Provide white glove support as required
• Provide written instructions for processes and procedures utilized.
• Provide weekly reporting of issues and projects
• Complete incident tickets and service requests within SLA
• Ability and willingness to work extended hours or modified schedule for planned and emergency work.
Education and Experience:
Typically requires a Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college in a related discipline, with 6 plus years of prior relevant experience; or a Master’s degree with 5 plus years of prior relevant experience. Additional years of experience and/or relevant certifications will be considered in lieu of degree.
• Bachelor’s degree with at least 6+ years relevant experience (5+ years with a MS/MIS Degree) Additional years of experience and/or relevant certifications will be considered in lieu of degree.
• 4+ years performing eDiscovery, data collections and data review
• Ability to work well with people from many different disciplines with varying degrees of technical experience
• Ability to express complex technical concepts effectively, both verbally and in writing
• Hands on experience with Microsoft 365 Compliance Center.
• Working knowledge of MS Exchange, email and OneDrive.
• Experience performing searches and scans in completed data collections.
• Provide support on a M-F business hours schedule in the eastern time zone
• Extended hour and weekend support as required by mission or emergency situations.
• Excellent communication skills are required to effectively interface with customers
• Ability to obtain and maintain a Public Trust clearance.
• Candidate selected will be subject to a Government Public Trust security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements for access to the customer’s information.
• Must be a U.S. Citizen
• Experience using Relativity, Clearwell or ProofPoint a plus
• Government contracting experience, particularly with the DOJ
• DOJ or DOD Clearance
• ITSM knowledge and experience, particularly with ServiceNow
• Experience with a variety of eDiscovery tools is a plus.
• The current schedule is 4 hours a day Monday through Friday. ESA V is an IT Services program supporting several customers within the Department of Justice. The individual selected for this position will be a member of the ESA V eDiscovery team and the primary work location will be on-site in Washington, DC (3 days onsite and 2 days telework) The primary tool they will be using is Microsoft 365 Compliance Center. I would prefer experience with that tool. Relativity, Clearwell and ProofPoint are other common tools that it would be nice if they had experience with but would not be a requirement.