In today’s environment our clients’ abilities to respond to requests for information are more important than ever – and through people, processes, tools, and technology, we help them do so. Are you excited about exploring innovative ways to visualize data, use analytics, and help clients find relevant information in an ever-growing sea of emails and electronic documents? Do you have a legal or technology background and want to continue to grow your skills and abilities? We are a practice that brings together teams focusing on thought diversity, collaborative problem solving, and development of our professionals to enable our Government and Public Services (GPS) Discovery & Data Management Practice clients face litigation and other regulatory requirements with the resources to efficiently and effectively assist the government and respond to information requests. If you want to help clients make sense of their data and are passionate about keeping up with the latest data trends and technology sources, then our team would be a great fit for you!
Work you’ll do
This position is responsible for providing scanning services to include document preparation for scanning, operate document scanning equipment, quality control, document reassembly, and document printing. Additionally, this role will include activities related to document and inventory control.
* Scanning hard copy paper to digital format.
* Responsible for learning scanning software and equipment.
* Ensure image quality of scanned documents is appropriate and conforms to client standards.
* Receive/deliver incoming and outgoing project materials, typing and data entry.
* Organizing scanned documents on various local and network locations.
* Inventory and file project related data.
* Support file room organization and other storage areas as required.
* Update and maintain file inventory data, and support project teams with inventory control and disposition inquiries.
Deloitte’s Government and Public Services (GPS) practice – our people, ideas, technology and outcomes-is designed for impact. Serving federal, state, & local government clients as well as public higher education institutions, our team of over 15,000+ professionals brings fresh perspective to help clients anticipate disruption, reimagine the possible, and fulfill their mission promise.
Discovery is constantly evolving and changing as data volumes and sources continue to grow exponentially. We aim to help our clients solve their most pressing data management challenges by bringing key stakeholders together and helping them to navigate challenges such as cloud migration, implications of new technologies, evolving data sources, and pressure due to time constraints or regulatory requirements. Our practice has established itself as a leader in delivering the full spectrum of Discovery services to government agencies. Our teams apply eDiscovery leading practices and leverage analytics technology, as well as traditional legal research and writing, to assist government attorneys and agency staff through the litigation or information request process.
Our teams work with government attorneys on litigation readiness; to collect, process, analyze, review, and produce data; and to support discovery requests, depositions, hearings, and trials. Our team applies decades of experience and knowledge gleaned from thousands of cases to each stage of a litigation or dispute engagement, from case theory development and discovery to witness testimony. We use proprietary tools, methodologies, and technology-including data mining and mapping, electronic discovery, and computer forensic capabilities-to address our clients’ needs.
* High school diploma minimum (or equivalent) and 1-3 years of relevant work experience.
* Must be legally authorized to work in the United States without the need for employer sponsorship, now or at any time in the future
* Must be able to obtain and maintain the required clearance for this role
* Travel up to 20%
* Prior experience doing equivalent work in litigation context.
* Experience operating digital image processing equipment, performance of OCRing from digital images, burning CD’s, creation of backup copies of image files, establishment and maintenance of links between images and database files, conversion of image files from one medium to another.
* Abilitiy to lift a minimum of 30 lbs.
* Requires good verbal communication skills, demonstrated keyboard and basic data entry skills, attention to details, and a familiarity with established procedures and reference documents.
* Must have an ability to work independently and as part of a team, while fostering a cooperative work environment.
* Must be able to understand and learn our scanning software and databases, as well as prioritize and organize work assignments.
From developing a stand out resume to putting your best foot forward in the interview, we want you to feel prepared and confident as you explore opportunities at Deloitte. Check out recruiting tips from Deloitte recruiters.
At Deloitte, we know that great people make a great organization. We value our people and offer employees a broad range of benefits. Learn more about what working at Deloitte can mean for you.
Our people and culture
Our diverse, equitable, and inclusive culture empowers our people to be who they are, contribute their unique perspectives, and make a difference individually and collectively. It enables us to leverage different ideas and perspectives, and bring more creativity and innovation to help solve our clients’ most complex challenges. This makes Deloitte one of the most rewarding places to work. Learn more about our inclusive culture.
Deloitte’s purpose is to make an impact that matters for our clients, our people, and in our communities. We are creating trust and confidence in a more equitable society. At Deloitte, purpose is synonymous with how we work every day. It defines who we are. We are focusing our collective efforts to advance sustainability, equity, and trust that come to life through our core commitments. Learn more about Deloitte’s purpose, commitments, and impact.
From entry-level employees to senior leaders, we believe there’s always room to learn. We offer opportunities to build new skills, take on leadership opportunities and connect and grow through mentorship. From on-the-job learning experiences to formal development programs, our professionals have a variety of opportunities to continue to grow throughout their career.
As used in this posting, “Deloitte Advisory” means Deloitte & Touche LLP, which provides audit and enterprise risk services; Deloitte Financial Advisory Services LLP, which provides forensic, dispute, and other consulting services; and its affiliate, Deloitte Transactions and Business Analytics LLP, which provides a wide range of advisory and analytics services. Deloitte Transactions and Business Analytics LLP is not a certified public accounting firm. Please see www.deloitte.com/us/about for a detailed description of the legal structure of Deloitte LLP and its subsidiaries. These entities are separate subsidiaries of Deloitte LLP.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability or protected veteran status, or any other legally protected basis, in accordance with applicable law.
Deloitte will consider for employment all qualified applicants, including those with criminal histories, in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable state and local laws. See notices of various ban-the-box laws where available.
Requisition code: 143304