Goodwin Procter LLP
- Full Time
Make an impact at Goodwin, where we partner with our clients to practice law with integrity, ingenuity, agility and ambition. We are in the business of building authentic, long-term relationships with our clients, who are some of the world’s most successful and innovative investors, entrepreneurs and disruptors in the life sciences, private equity, real estate, technology and financial industries, and where they converge. Our immersive understanding of these industries – combined with our expertise across high-stakes litigation and dispute resolution, world-class regulatory compliance and advisory services, and complex transactions – sets us apart. Our Global Operations Team – all business professionals of the firm – was named the “Best Business Team” by The American Lawyer.
eDiscovery Project Manager to support the eDiscovery (Litigation) team led by Michelle Briggs and Rae Buse.
The eDiscovery Project Manager is assigned to Litigation case teams and is responsible for oversight of the discovery process and eDiscovery within each assignment. This individual collaborates regularly with attorneys, paralegals, clients, eDiscovery vendors, and other members of the firm across offices to manage work on multiple matters simultaneously.
What You’ll Do:
Under the direction and supervision of the firm’s eDiscovery Counsel and Sr. Discovery Attorney, the eDiscovery Project Manager will:
* Collaborate with case teams at the outset of each matter to evaluate technology and eDiscovery needs.
* Develop strategies to utilize technology to create efficiencies and cost savings on each matter.
* Work with case teams to develop discovery plans for both ESI and paper files across all stages of the Electronic Discovery Reference Model (“EDRM”) spectrum.
* Work with case teams to design and implement best practices for document and data management during the course of each matter
* Work with vendors to obtain bids for discovery and litigation technology services.
* Work with case teams to evaluate vendor bids and select best vendor for each project.
* Work with vendor to finalize statements of work for discovery projects; review statements of work with case team and coordinate signature.
* Participate in matter intake/kickoff with case team and vendor and regular meetings thereafter.
* Track and analyze incoming data from clients and external parties
* Assist with various technical projects such as searching, batching of documents, etc.
* Monitor eDiscovery/litigation support budgets; communicate regularly with case teams regarding status of spend v. budget; proactively implement steps to mitigate budget overages.
* Track and report regularly to case teams regarding project status and management issues; proactively implement steps to mitigate project delays.
* Manage statistical reporting on assigned matters.
* Serve as primary liaison between case team and vendor
* Serve as primary contact for case team to resolve issues related to vendors, databases and technology.
* Perform regular quality control checks on vendor work, deliverables and final production materials.
* At the end of each matter, ensure that data is removed from database and maintained in accordance with client/case team protocols and internal data retention policies.
Who You Are:
* Bachelor’s degree and 5+ years of experience working in eDiscovery.
* Prior experience in an eDiscovery role within an AmLaw 100 law firm preferred.
* Thorough knowledge of the discovery and electronic discovery process, including evolving standards created through case law, rulemaking and groups such as EDRM and The Sedona Conference
* Relativity Certification (RCA, RCU, and/or Analytics) preferred Knowledge of other eDiscovery applications, such as Nuix, Brainspace, NexLP, etc. preferred
* Experience working with eDiscovery vendors on pricing and budget/project management
* Experience designing databases within eDiscovery platforms and workflows to facilitate the review of ESI
* Experience with technical aspects of eDiscovery such as loading and promoting data, culling, de-duping, de-NISTing, threading, etc.
* Thorough knowledge of the laws and rules of procedure governing discovery and eDiscovery
* Experience with large cases, including document collections, reviews, and productions
* Computer proficiency in Excel, extranets and other core computer programs used by the firm.
* The Discovery Project Manager will maintain a billable hours target of 1,000 hours
Consistent with the City of Los Angeles’ Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance an arrest and conviction record will not automatically disqualify a qualified applicant from consideration.
Goodwin Procter LLP is an equal opportunity employer. This means that Goodwin Procter LLP considers applicants for employment, and makes employment decisions without unlawful discrimination on the basis of race, color, gender, gender identity or expression, age, religion, national origin, citizenship status, disability, medical condition, genetic information, marital status, sexual orientation, military or veteran status, or other legally protected status.
Please note: Various agencies of the United States government require employers to collect information on applicants and employees. The National Association of Law Placement (NALP) and certain clients request us to keep track of certain aggregate information regarding lawyers. EEO information requested on this application is for purposes of compliance with these recordkeeping and reporting requirements and to determine recruiting and employment patterns. Submission of this information is voluntary and refusal to provide it will not subject you to any adverse treatment.
This position is eligible for overtime: Yes
Target Salary Range: Boston $83,000 – $124,500 | Los Angeles $83,000 – $124,500 | New York $87,900 – $131,900 | Philadelphia – | San Francisco $92,900 – $139,400 | Santa Monica $83,000 – $124,500 | Silicon Valley $92,900 – $139,400 | Washington DC $83,000 – $124,500