The Associate Director, Client Services ensures that ediscovery engagements are managed to the high standards we and our clients expect at Lighthouse. The Associate Director will consult with clients on ediscovery best practices, identifying preferred paths to completing projects with a focus on reducing costs, increasing speed of delivery and use of Lighthouse technologies to drive client satisfaction. The Associate Director is also responsible for planning, monitoring and managing internal and external project communications of pod members. The Associate Director will work with one or more Project Managers or Senior Project Managers to oversee all client meetings, including client onboarding, project kickoff calls, status meetings and annual reviews.
- Develop a thorough understanding of Lighthouse workflows, critical paths needed to progress work through the system and tools used by Lighthouse to manage workflows.
- Delegate key stakeholders to ensure proper project management tasks and workflows are completed, including oversight and support to manage the workload queue.
- Communicate expectations for scope and deadlines to internal and external stakeholders.
- Analyze project requirements to effectively create and maintain project schedules, which includes being able to define and understand project activities, sequences of events, dependencies, work effort, duration of tasks by departments, including queue management time, and associated resource requirements based upon the size of the queue.
- Delegate work to the Project Management team, Technical Team and Analysts.
- Oversee the completion of key tasks such as SOW creation, kick-off call preparation and completion, and documentation of workflows, standards and project closure tasks such as final billing and data destruction as needed.
- Maintain a deep understanding of ediscovery, market competitors and the tools used to support the industry.
- Participate in monthly billing reviews and forecasting and process improvement meetings.
- Train and develop team members on workflows and ediscovery best practices.
- Work with the Service Delivery leadership team to set the strategy and direction of the EMEA ediscovery practice
- Establish excellent working relationship with peers at other Lighthouse Offices locations and ensure close collaborative working and homogeneity of our solutions.
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
Management duties include supervision of exempt and/or non-exempt staff. This includes but is not limited to, conducting performance evaluations and improvement plans, approving paid time-off (PTO), assigning or delegating work, providing on-the-job training, giving guidance to staff, taking disciplinary action, and interviewing candidates for open positions.
Knowledge, Skills, and Behaviors
- Strong analytical and logical skills with excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Outstanding organizational skills and the ability to multitask often in pressurized circumstances.
- Experience of ediscovery commercial management including drafting of cost estimates, budget management and margin modelling.
- Ability to delegate tasks as appropriate to team members and ability to drive and motivated a high performing team.
- Flexibility and adaptability to handle a changing and growing workload.
- Ability to foster positive and professional relationships at all levels internally and externally.
- Minimum 2:1 Degree in a related discipline.
- At least six years ediscovery project management experience in either a law Firm, consultancy, or ediscovery services provider.
- Minimum 2 years’ experience leading an ediscovery team working on large scale global ediscovery matter(s).
- Relativity accreditation (ideally RCA or higher), working knowledge of Nuix and experience of other ediscovery platforms.
- Experience of working in house or on secondment to a client in the banking, legal or pharmaceutical industries.
Work Environment and Physical Demands
- Duties are performed in a typical office environment while sitting at a desk or computer table. Duties require the ability to use a computer, communicate over the telephone, and read printed material.
- Duties may require being on call periodically and working outside normal working hours (evenings and weekends).
- Job may be required at a customer facility.
- Duties may require the ability to lift up to 20 lb