About BDO in Australia
BDO is a trusted adviser to clients seeking Audit, Tax and Advisory services. As one of the world’s leading Audit and Accounting organisations, we have clients of all types and sizes from large corporate organisations to private businesses, entrepreneurs and individuals across an array of industry sectors.
Today, BDO now extends across 167 countries and territories, and in Australia we are one of the country’s largest associations of independently owned accounting practices with offices in Adelaide, Brisbane, Cairns, Darwin, Hobart, Melbourne, Perth, Sydney and the Sunshine Coast.
Our Perth office is on the move, relocating to a brand new premium office building in the Perth CBD.
We’re working towards a strong future as a global organisation built on local relationships.
With people at the heart of our approach, the essence of our why – our purpose – is people helping people achieve their dreams. It’s never been more critical to recognise that it’s not what we do that’s most important, but why we do it, and how we make people feel.
Our values of ONE, BOLD, HUMAN, STRIVE and HEART shape BDO’s personality and attitude, and in turn, the relationships we develop with our people and our clients.
We’re ready for our changing world, and we’re ready to work with you to deliver
IDEAS | PEOPLE | TRUST
At BDO, we understand that being the leader in exceptional client service begins – and ends – with exceptional regard for our people. When you choose to work with BDO you quickly discover why we’re different from the rest – it’s all about our people.
Relationships, resources and responsiveness are the foundations of how we operate, both within our teams and with our clients.
Benefits and rewards
We care for our people and provide a broad range of benefits so that each person can select what is right for them. Our benefits support health and wellbeing, personal and professional development, flexibility, financial wellness, and a supportive, inclusive and social culture.
About the role
We are currently seeking a Forensic Technology Assistant Manager/Manager to join our vibrant and growing Forensic Services team in Perth. Forensic Technology assists clients conduct digital forensics investigations, handle large technical, legal and regulatory matters and solve complex data related issues utilising industry leading digital forensics and eDiscovery platforms.
BDO Forensics is a full service team that provides services across risk management, investigations, forensic accounting, technology and analytics streams. We are currently looking for an experienced Forensic Technology professional.
Ideally, you will be able to:
- Have active involvement and participation in the delivery of complex sensitive forensic engagements.
- Assist clients to access, extract, analyse and cull data from electronic evidence sources in relation to a variety of matters such as fraud and/or misconduct investigations, intellectual property theft, workplace and/or HR investigations and cyber incident response investigations.
- Engaging and liaising with clients in relation to their current and ongoing technology requirements.
- Day to day activities of management of the Forensic Technology practice such as maintaining infrastructure, software updates, licence renewals, evidence handling and the application of best practice.
- Conducting independent investigations and assist the national forensic technology team
- Assisting the wider Forensic Services team by obtaining, analysing and disseminating information to the team.
Desirable technical and education requirements:
- Experience in digital forensics, preferably in a professional services, corporate, legal or law enforcement environment, with responsibilities including but not limited to imaging, case management, technical analysis and report writing.
- The ability to communicate proposals, issues, technical concepts and findings to management and clients.
- High proficiency/experience with leading commercial and open source forensic tools such as Magnet Axiom, X-Ways Forensics, Vound Intella, Cellebrite UFED, FTK, Sumuri Paladin, Nuix Workstation.
- Proficiency with eDiscovery platforms such as RelativityOne and Nuix Discover.
- Strong troubleshooting and problem solving skills.
- Strong interpersonal skills.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a national team.
- Relevant tertiary qualifications, preferably with a significant technology component.
- Relevant industry certifications from a forensic software vendor or industry training organisations such as SANS (desirable).
- Motivation for continuous learning and development.
What to know more about us or the role? Email our Talent Acquisition team at firstname.lastname@example.org or give us a call on +61 8 6382 4600.
We are always happy to talk all things BDO and let you know why we are different.