Put your career into high gear by joining Klinedinst’s eDiscovery practice group. We’re expanding our eDiscovery capabilities to continue meeting the needs of our sophisticated clientele. Klinedinst is looking for an excited, motivated eDiscovery Counsel looking to take their career to the next level.
The ideal eDiscovery Counsel candidate is ready to take on responsibility, independently handling cases and analyzing complex issues. Specifically, we’re looking for a licensed California attorney with experience working in a litigation environment including thorough knowledge of the litigation process, advanced understanding of the technology supporting litigation efforts and strong knowledge of e-discovery best practices. Candidates must be proficient with Relativity and have working knowledge of Lexis and Westlaw for research. Working knowledge of electronic data collection, processing and productions required.
Coming to work with a solid work ethic, excellent organizational and communication skills, as well as a commitment to working cohesively with other team members will be critical factors for success in this position.
- The ability to review, analyze, summarize, and code voluminous document productions.
- The ability to sort and select documents and data for purposes of discovery compliance, depositions, mediations, and trial, based on the parameters of the case and issues presented by the case.
- The ability to identify and select documents critical to the advancement of the defenses of the client, and ability to work with the litigation team to integrate such documents into the litigation plan and case analysis.
- Conduct document review within the Relativity environment
- Assist with preparation for depositions, hearings and trials
- Research case law updates related to eDiscovery issues
- Provide memos to KPC attorneys regarding relevant case law updates
- Consult on eDiscovery meet and confer letters/process regarding negotiating search terms, metadata, use and parameters for predictive coding; draft response letters when requested (joint)
- Consult on ESI Protocols, Production Orders, Protective Orders, and all front-end discovery-related stipulations; draft same (joint)
- Draft Rule 26f discovery plans and state court related discovery plans for a more detailed look into the discovery process (joint)
- Organize Initial Document Review Meeting with case team and eDiscovery team to discuss “relevancy scale,” key issues in the case, define issue codes to be used in the review, and provide timeline for review
- Work with eDiscovery team to ensure QC process and communicate with reviewers regarding potential issues in review consistency
- Quickly respond to common inquiries or complaints from clients, regulatory agencies, members of the firm and/or the business community.
Present information to supervising management, attorneys, clients and opposing parties.
- Train attorneys on how to use the coding panel before review begins
- Ability to interface and engage with outside eDiscovery vendors to advance case team goals.
- Pay range: $100,000-140,000 per year (depends on experience).
THE KLINEDINST ENVIRONMENT IS WHERE YOU’LL FIND:
- Supportive team-based law firm, with excellent support staff
- Opportunities to grow personally and professionally
- Chances to work on complex cases with significant responsibilities and client interaction
- A dynamic culture that embraces opportunities for remote working arrangements
- Open, honest, and transparent communication within the firm
- Merit-based compensation
This is the place where goals are set and achieved. Klinedinst PC is consistently recognized by Best Lawyers, Martindale, and Super Lawyers. Hit the ground running and gain solid experience handling complex eDiscovery with some of the most respected and talented attorneys in the business. Pay ranges are provided in compliance with SB1162, California’s pay transparency law; actual pay may vary based on a variety of factors, education, applicable experience, etc.
Make great things happen and apply today! No recruiters, please.
Powered by JazzHR