Legal Assistant / Paralegal – Fluent Welsh – Law Firm – London / Remote / Hybrid – 12m FTC – £24k-£31.5k (DoE)
An exciting contract role for a Legal Assistant / Paralegal with fluent Welsh has become immediately available at a fantastic City based law firm, with hybrid / remote working on offer.
Please note: the following is required to be considered for this role:
* Legal knowledge / experience (min. 6 months)
* Fluent Welsh skills (written and spoken)
* Excellent A Level grades and a degree – LPC / BPTC desired
* Ideally Witness statement experience and experience with own caseloads
This Paralegal contract role would suit ambitious and confident individuals with fluent Welsh, good academic grades and ideally some experience gained in a fast-paced legal environment.
As well as outstanding research skills, you’ll also ideally have some experience of preparing bundles for hearings and taking and preparing witness statements.
With a proactive nature, a professional demeanour and a hard working attitude you will possess excellent communication and organisational skills.
What’s on offer:
This is a fantastic opportunity to join a highly successful, city law firm, where you can fully utilise your academics, experience and Welsh language skills, in a 12 month FTC.
Excellent working conditions and benefits (including 25 days holiday) is on offer, together with hybrid or potentially remote working. A salary of £24k-£31.5k is on offer, depending on experience.
Standard working hours are 9.30am – 5.30pm.
Depending on level of experience, responsibilities in the Paralegal role could include:
* Preparing legal documents
* Case administration, document review and management
* Consideration of papers received on instruction
* Liaising and speaking with witnesses in order to take statements from them
* Drafting witness statements
* Obtaining documentary evidence
* Contacting courts to acquire transcripts and evidence
* Client and witness liaison
* Assisting in the preparation of bundles for hearings
* Attending conferences
* Various administrative tasks
What we’re looking for:
* Good academics including English, Maths and Welsh
* LPC or BPTC graduates beneficial
* Previous experience working as Paralegal or Legal Assistant is highly advantageous
* Fluent Welsh language skills (written and spoken) are essential
* Experience in Regulatory / Professional Discipline law is beneficial
* Excellent research and administration skills and experience of dealing with and managing large quantities of documentation
* Exceptional language skills, both written and spoken including spelling and grammar and confident communication skills
* Highly organised, meticulous and ability to multi-task
* Strong IT skills including MS Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook)
* Interest and enthusiasm for law
* Ability to handle confidential and sensitive information
* Professional, diplomatic, confident and hardworking
Interested in this Welsh speaking Paralegal role?
If you have the necessary skills required for this Welsh speaking Paralegal position, then we’d love to hear from you. Please submit your CV, quoting ‘LO – Welsh Paralegal