The Consultant, Advisory Services will support and directly contribute to client engagements involving Information Governance (IG) and/or eDiscovery, often in the context of M365. The ideal candidate will have experience with these types of engagements for multi-national organizations across a wide range of industries. This is primarily a client facing role, so the successful candidate will be comfortable and have experience working with senior stakeholders across legal, compliance, privacy and information technology staff.
- Contribute to high profile client engagements, applying deep subject matter expertise and critical analysis skills for a wide range of IG and eDiscovery engagements, including:
- IG and eDiscovery program assessments (reviewing current state, identifying gaps, risks, and priorities);
- IG and eDiscovery program development and implementation (implementing assessment recommendations or point solutions);
- Support work streams for engagement deliverables, such as:
- Policy updates and harmonization (lead and/or participate in policy drafting);
- Workflow documentation (lead and/or participate in creating workflow diagrams and operating procedures to support implementation objectives);
- IG steering committee creation, launch, and/or reboot, including serving as chair on a temporary or long-term basis;
- Information Lifecycle Management (ILM) strategy development
- IG and eDiscovery technology implementation
- Support client workshops regarding the impact of M365 on legal, compliance, and recordkeeping requirements
- Maintain strong knowledge and fluency on the impact M365 adoption has on IG, eDiscovery, data privacy, compliance, and related areas;
- Maintain broad and deep subject matter expertise in M365’s native IG and eDiscovery tools, including the ability to conduct demonstrations of the tools and answer difficult questions;
- Document requirements relating to M365 adoption;
- Participate in data remediation projects/programs (defensible deletion, “ROT” cleanup)
- Demonstrate and maintain knowledge of information archiving technologies and platforms (e.g., Enterprise Vault, SourceOne, Mimecast, etc.)
- Demonstrate and maintain knowledge and expertise with IG indexing and data classification technologies and platforms (e.g., Active Navigation, ControlPoint, Everteam, etc.)
- Develop and maintain fluency in critical RIM program elements, including:
- Records retention schedules (including difference between “big-bucket” and granular schedules)
- File plans
- Data placement strategies
- Record vs. non-record designation
- System of Record
- ARMA IG Maturity Model
- Demonstrate and maintain expertise with the Electronic Discovery Reference Model (EDRM) and Information Governance Reference Model (IGRM).
- Contribute to multiple concurrent projects successfully while keeping team leadership informed of status, potential project risks or pending issues.
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND BEHAVIORS
- Flexible work style; comfortable in fast paced, challenging environments.
- Strong knowledge or experience in one or more of the following areas: electronic discovery, litigation support, business process consulting, records management, content management, email archiving, IT system management, or business process integration. Preferred experience would be working with clients in the mid to large size sector. The candidate will have managed mid-level projects and played a senior role on larger projects.
- Excellent computer and analytical skills.
- Outstanding oral and written skills, with the self-confidence, assertiveness and appearance to make presentations to individuals or groups of client personnel.
- Self-starter, who is independent, a creative thinker, and yet common sense oriented, with the ability to exercise good judgment and operate in an unstructured environment.
- Implement new business process approaches for managing the discovery lifecycle based on industry standards such as the Electronic Discovery Reference Model (EDRM), Six Sigma, and American Records Management Association (ARMA).
- Provides input to Operations and Sales on discovery trends and resource allocation for service enhancements.
- Strong knowledge of industry leading eDiscovery and email archive platforms, including (but not limited to): Microsoft O365, Nuix, Relativity, Exterro, Clearwell, EnCase, AccessData, Enterprise Vault, EMC SourceOne, Zantaz EAS, AXS-One.
- Deep technical familiarity with structured, unstructured, and semi-structured source data types including: Forensic images, email, text-based logs, loose physical files (text, audio, and video formats), team share sites, SWIFT transactions, network captures, and database tables.
- Strong knowledge of server hardware (physical and virtual) and storage solutions for enterprise. Must be able to scope resources, configure for optimal performance, and be comfortable working across multiple platforms. Thorough familiarity with Windows domain architecture and operating systems.
- Strong situational awareness and decision-making capabilities.
- Exceptional customer service orientation and drive and passion to execute client engagements successfully.
- Emotional and political intelligence to understand internal complexities of client department, and navigate such complexities successfully.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience. Advanced technical, and/or legal education/certifications highly desired.
- 5+ years’ experience in one or more of the following areas: eDiscovery, litigation support, business process consulting, records management/records and information management (RIM), content management, email archiving, IT system management, and/or business process integration.
- Domain expertise with Microsoft collaboration and productivity technologies and platforms, including knowledge of and expertise in one or more areas of M365:
- Exchange Online
- SharePoint Online
- OneDrive for Business
- Security & Compliance Center
WORK ENVIRONMENT AND PHYSICAL DEMANDS
- Duties are performed in a typical office environment while sitting at a desk or computer table. Both remote and in-office environments are supported depending on location and candidate preference.
- Duties require the ability to use a computer, communicate over the telephone, and read printed material.
- Duties may require being on call periodically and working outside normal working hours (evenings and weekends).
- Duties may require the ability to travel.
- Duties may require the ability to lift up to 20 lbs.