FTI Consulting is the world’s leading expert-driven consulting firm. Over the last 40 years, FTI Consulting experts have served as the trusted advisor to Fortune 500 companies and the world’s leading law and private equity firms when they are facing their greatest opportunities and challenges. Our strong performance and continued success are a direct reflection of the ambition, energy, and commitment of our talented professionals across the globe to make a positive impact for our clients and communities.
At FTI Consulting, you’ll be inspired and empowered to make an impact on headline matters that change history. Working side by side with the world’s leading experts in your field, you’ll be surrounded by an open collaborative culture that embraces diversity, recognition, professional development and most importantly, you.
There’s never been a more exciting time to join FTI Consulting and this is where you will do the most exciting and fulfilling work of your career.
Are you ready to make an impact?
About This Role
Our Technology practice helps clients manage the risk and cost of e-discovery. We collaborate with our clients to deliver strategic solutions tailored to their unique legal requirements – ranging from forensic data collections to building custom solutions and workflows. With keen focus on the productivity and defensibility of document review, clients rely on our comprehensive portfolio of software and expertise to address projects such as internal investigations and large-scale litigation with global e-discovery requirements.
What You Will Do
This Consultant position is a part of FTI’s Technology Consulting team which provide clients with a combination of industry leading technology together with award-winning consulting and services. A successful candidate will be cross trained in various e-discovery skills and will assist on all phases of e-discovery projects.
The primary responsibility of this position is to be part of a team that manages all areas related to the collection, migration, processing, analysis, conversion, quality assurance, tracking, and management of client data. In particular:
- Liaise with clients and project managers regarding client requests
- Plan and execute electronic evidence collection exercises, on-site at client premises around the UK and abroad
- Utilise industry standard and bespoke software to access, extract and cull data from electronic evidence sources
- Assume responsibility for day-to-day data processing, conversion, analysis, quality control, import, and other specialized tasks including interaction with other consultants, supervisors, and client personnel
- Be customer-service-oriented to meet client deadlines, including working out of business hours when necessary
- Travel as required to ensure effective management of case activities. (Minimal notice possible)
How You Will Grow
Analysts and interns will experience a broad range of clients, technologies, business problems, bespoke solutions and working environments. Throughout the role, Consultants will have opportunities to manage sections of projects, develop custom solutions and build client relationships.
You will work with your Performance Coach on a development and training plan to ensure experience across the e-discovery lifecycle to support you in gaining exposure and working towards obtaining industry-recognised qualifications. There will also be opportunities for internal projects where you will be developing the workflows, solutions or teams of tomorrow.
You may also have the opportunity to travel as part of projects or secondments, most commonly to our clients’ offices in Europe, the Middle East and Africa.
What You Will Need to Succeed
- Students must be studying in a sandwich course looking for 12-month placement from Sept 2024 to Aug 2025
- Achieved 2:1 or above in first year
- A motivation to work in the Technology team at FTI Consulting
- Ability to manage time and prioritise tasks effectively
- Ability to work independently in a fast-paced, multi-tasking environment
- Ability to work effectively as part of a team and support the team’s goals above individual goals
- Good communicator
Our goal is to support the well–being of you and your families—physically, emotionally, and financially. We offer market competitive benefits (including pension), supplemented by 15 flexible benefits, to meet your needs. These include health, lifestyle and family friendly options. We also offer professional development programme, wellness, recognition, community volunteering initiatives, and flexible/hybrid working arrangements.
FTI Consulting is a global business advisory firm dedicated to helping clients with their most significant opportunities and challenges. With more than 7,600 employees located in 31 countries, our broad and diverse bench of award–winning experts advise their clients when they are facing their most significant opportunities and challenges. At FTI Consulting, we embrace, cultivate and maintain a culture of diversity, inclusion & belonging, which are fundamental components to our core values. FTI Consulting is publicly traded on the New York Stock Exchange and has been named the #1 Professional Services Firm on Forbes List of America’s Best Employers and the best firm to work for by Consulting Magazine. For more information, visit www.fticonsulting.com and connect with us on Instagram and LinkedIn.
FTI Consulting is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, protected veteran status, religion, physical or mental disability, marital status, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, or any other basis protected by law, ordinance, or regulation.
- Employee Status: Temporary
- Job Family/Level: Core Operations Level 1
- Exempt or Non-Exempt?: Exempt
- Payroll Expense Type: Infrastructure (Non-billable)