Competition and Markets Authorityhttps://www.gov.uk/government/organisations/competition-and-markets-authority
0 Open Positions
About Competition and Markets Authority
We work to ensure that consumers get a good deal when buying goods and services, and businesses operate within the law.
We do this in a number of ways:
- we investigate mergers between organisations, to make sure they don’t reduce competition
- we investigate entire markets if we think there are competition or consumer problems
- we take action against businesses and individuals that take part in cartels or anti-competitive behaviour
- we protect consumers from unfair trading practices
- we encourage government and other regulators to use competition effectively on behalf of consumers
The Competition and Markets Authority (CMA) is an independent non-ministerial department. Our work is overseen by a Board, and led by the Chief Executive and senior team. Decisions in some investigations are made by independent members of a CMA panel.